upgrading my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

natrat

Solid State Member
i have a toshiba satellite L300 laptop and wanted to know what the limits are on what upgrades i can do do it so i can get the best out of it playing online games and so on

You could add more RAM, this is a common upgrade you would need to fine out what kind of RAM it takes.

You could go a bit further and find out the processor socket and get a faster processor.

If you could give me the full model e.g. L300-12Y number al be able to tell you and give you some more info.

it is a satellite L300 system unit model no.PSLB0A-02M027 it has a intel clerion m 550 processor thats about all i can tel u

Ok memory specification is DDR2 667Mhz or PC2-5300. You can search for another stick of this and add it.

looking around seems the processor socket is socket 478. I'll need to look around a bit more, laptop processors are really hard to find.

ty for that do u know what sort of upgrades in the graphics side of things i can do to it

Non laptop graphics cards are virtually impossible to upgrade an that's if you are lucky to have a dedicated card and not a integrated one. As for the processor in most laptops you will find that you can not upgrade the processor as they are hard to find, and it could be soldered directly to the mobo.

Upgrade the ram and the hard drive as that is about as much as you can upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom