Upgrading to core2duo on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashogun

(>-_-)>
I have a Celeron 1.5Ghz (M) processor on my laptop and I believe it's time to upgrade to a dual processor. The pins on the processor look something like this:

url

I'm not sure which intel core2duo to buy as I don't want to receive a processor that doesn't fit my laptop's motherboard.

Would this processor work? Newegg.com - Intel Core Duo T2300 Yonah 1.66GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket M Processor - Retail

It's a T2300 and it says it supports Socket M.

It's a LOT more complicated on most chassis' then it is on a desktop.. You'll be taking the whole thing apart basically.. Also the chassis might not be able to handle the heat and it's likely not a worthy upgrade anyway.. It's not like you're gaming on it are you..

It's a LOT more complicated on most chassis' then it is on a desktop.. You'll be taking the whole thing apart basically.. Also the chassis might not be able to handle the heat and it's likely not a worthy upgrade anyway.. It's not like you're gaming on it are you..

yep.... laptop upgrading is really hard... u'd be better of buying a new one.....

I've taken my whole laptop apart already.

I won't do heavy gaming as I would on my desktop, but I need the laptop to handle programs such as photoshop, video editing, converting, etc.. And with multiple programs running at once, the laptop has a struggle keeping up.

I just need to know if the pins would align.

Thats a Micro FCPGA 478-pin (Socket 478). Good luck hunting for a compatible processor. I'm pretty sure the one you've picked out isn't compatible. You can upgrade to a 3GHz one for about $80 a core duo is going to be unworth your while to buy when the ones i saw were going from $230 (not at newegg).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom