Upgrade or dump HP G-Series G62-144DX (WA912UA) Laptop

Ok- figure the 256GB SSD was amble and the MX100 seems to be solid performance and reasonably priced. So for $128 will upgrade and hope for the best. I will research the Clonzilla stuff - will ask if I don't understand how to do it. Should l bother testing to see if my RAM is still good or not? She now admits to having the thing get very hot before she brought it in for warranty work to replace a fan that was not working a few years ago. But i guess that would have caused a failure back then not now.

Thanks

OK - have ordered the parts- goofing around with the laptop still trying to figure it out - freezes/locks up when playing video constantly. The audio keeps playing but the pic freezes. Looked at task manager when it was studdering while playing a youtube video and the performance showed memory was fine = 1.78 Gb used, the cpu was struggling ranging from 82- 100%. I ran a RAM test= A-OK, ran a HHD test= A-Ok. So Wondering if the SSD will make any difference if she fried the CPU during the period of time that one of the fans were failing. I could run Prime 95 but I am worried that if the CPU is nearly fried it will completed go if I stress it. Then, I will be unable to download all her emails,quickbooks data , etc. to a new Laptop. Ok note = also i noted in the task manager processes was 2 adobe flash plug in entries - is this normal to have 2 of them? Is it normal to have this laptops CPU at 100% to just play a video?

I thought maybe it is the video driver. But, I cant find a new i3 330M HD video driver. It seems there is no support for the first gen i3 anymore. The driver in it is dated 1/2013, version = 8.15.10.2993.

I also ran temp monitors - nothing over 73 degrees celcius on Real Temp or CPUID.

Last edited:
yep - ran the bytes in both regular and in safe mode

I installed and older graphics driver - thought that may help - no change. created a new admin account as well so no internet history or cache issues = no help. I am wondering if it is avast?

I am thinking about deleting/reinstalling all Adobe products and reinstalling them now = reader 11, flash player 15 active X and plugin.

I also found atheros driver installation program = ?
and a Citrix online plugin web software- i think she needed this for work.

There are 2 Java programs 1 is for 64 bit.

Also a possible conflict for videos may be a program called DVD architect studio 5.0 from Sony and another Sony program called Movie studio platinum 12.0 (64 bit)

hmm......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom