Unable to uncompress or extract on SSD

super odd, and i don't know what it means, but the other slot i'm testing now, shows no passes, however, no errors either, it's on test 9 and should show at least two passes right? is the slot safe for another stick even though it shows 0 pass as long as it has no errors? again, don't really know how to read memtest.....

In general, you should let Memtest run for a few hours. The longer you run it, the more passes ran, which verifies the RAM working correctly.

Got both slots fitted with 4 gig sticks a piece. Only had one issue with unraring a winrar file, all the others were fine, it was a crc error. also, every usb device installs properly except for a PS3 wired controller. but i have been using the Dell now solid for a few hours and multitasking and not a hiccup other than those items. I may run memtest overnight to be sure, but I'm still thinking this silly SSD has to go as well, but it's working good for now.

Have you checked the firmware version to see if there's an update for it? I would definitely do that as well.

Install Samsung Magician software from their site to update firmware.
You need to do that, not only will it update your firmware, but you can also optimize your SSD with it too. (highly recommended)

SSD White Paper | Samsung SSD

Get the latest version here, about 1/2 way down on this web page:
Samsung SSD Downloads | Samsung SSD
I have a Samsung SSD and I have never experienced any problems with RAR files, just avoid compressing windows files/folders with a SSD drive. Samsung Magician will set your windows up for you, makes using a SSD very simple

Last edited:
I'll run magician even though I'm planning on grabbing a 7200 drive in the next couple weeks, I need my world of warcraft lol. But anything to make it more stable the better, still running great though. One dealbreaker for some people looking for a laptop, this particular Dell (I think I said this in an earlier post) does not have a HDD door, but you will be disassembling the entire laptop to access the drive. Bullocks....

Thank you for the link!

Like Joe, I also have a Samsung SSD (an 850 EVO). No issues with archived/compressed files here either.

I'm glad it wasn't the drive's fault, still weird how a week after I got this thing the ram goes poof lol.

From my experience, RAM is one of the first things to check if you think hardware failure is occurring.

Back
Top Bottom