UC78 Gateway keyboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edtruji

Beta member
My notebook needs a keyboard replacement, the only trouble is that I can't find were to buy the keyboard.
I search on ebay and nothing found. :( Then where to search for the keyboard? Maybe I'm searching wrong?

Model: Gateway UC78 Series Notebook
Keyboard back (sticker numbers):
MP-07G63U4-5282
8KA37060132
0KN0-AF1UI0208433060132

I'm sure Gateway can help you. Every manufacturer will have spare parts for sale. Just call/e-mail their support team.

Gateway is playing the cat and mouse game with me!!

Please be informed that as an in warranty customer we can take the unit for repair if it is needed to replace the keypad.

I don't believe the warranty will cover me, because I spill some liquid on the keyboard!!!

edtruji, chill. A spillage does not void your warranty. It happens, bro. They simply do not give you a keyboard. If you aren't familiar with laptops, that is hard to replace. Just tell them your situation, and they should give you an RMA form.

If you haven't already, remove the battery and unplug the power cord.

My advice would be to call up gateway, explain that some liquid has spilled over your keyboard, and that you need it replaced. The worst that they can do is say no.
If they do that, have a shot at fixing it yourself. Take the laptop keyboard off (carefully), get some methanol or something similar and clean the contacts with a soft clean cloth.

edtruji, chill. A spillage does not void your warranty. It happens, bro. They simply do not give you a keyboard. If you aren't familiar with laptops, that is hard to replace. Just tell them your situation, and they should give you an RMA form.

Unless you have an accidental warranty plan in place, then the replacement isn't covered under warranty, and you will have to pay for the parts/labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom