Truly "universal" laptop power adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

villageedge

Solid State Member
I am looking for a universal power adapter to power just about all laptop computers - old and new. Just like they make a universal adapter for smaller electronics with adjustments for volts and amps, I need one for laptop computers. I receive a lot of computers for free or cheap, most of them for parts, but some of them work. Most are atleast 10 years old but some are slightly newer, maybe around 5 years or so. I usually get them without the adapters, so I would like a cheap way to test them without having to buy an adapter for each one. I would like to know whether or not to sell them on ebay for parts or as a working unit. The only way I can do this is to power them up with an adapter. So, I need some solution to this. Please advise.

Some thing like this will do the trick.
UNIVERSAL POWER SUPPLY
Ritmo Notebook Charger 90W (CP-095)

I sell then all the time at my work. Most of the time the connections work. However for some of those odd conntions, you might need to purchase the following accessories
Ritmo Universal Adapter Connector For CP-095/125 (CP-I)
itmo Universal Adapter Connector For CP-095/125 (CP-J)
Ritmo Universal Adapter Connector For CP-095/125 (CP-K)
Ritmo Universal Adapter Connector For CP-095/125 (CP-M)

The other thing that would be useful to pick up is a multimeter. Reason being is that i get a lot of people that are not sure if it's the AC Adaptor or the Laptop that is dead.

That looks like it will work for me. Couple questions though. Would it have a connector for a Macintosh Powerbook G3? I was told that they have a unique connector (magnetic, I think, not sure). Also is this Ritmo adapter available in the US? I'm sure the taxes and duties as well as shipping will be horrendous to ship that from Australia to the US. Thanks.

Some thing like this will do the trick.
UNIVERSAL POWER SUPPLY
Ritmo Notebook Charger 90W (CP-095)

I sell then all the time at my work. Most of the time the connections work. However for some of those odd conntions, you might need to purchase the following accessories
Ritmo Universal Adapter Connector For CP-095/125 (CP-I)
itmo Universal Adapter Connector For CP-095/125 (CP-J)
Ritmo Universal Adapter Connector For CP-095/125 (CP-K)
Ritmo Universal Adapter Connector For CP-095/125 (CP-M)

The other thing that would be useful to pick up is a multimeter. Reason being is that i get a lot of people that are not sure if it's the AC Adaptor or the Laptop that is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom