Troubleshooting 2 Laptops - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Troubleshooting 2 Laptops

Alright, I bought 2 laptops 07-08 black friday a HP DV9500 and a Winbook GL80 from microcenter.

Winbook GL80 first, it is not responding to anything, no lights on (like when plugged in it emits a low light), power button doesnt work, the charger works (light on when plugged to socket), and I did all basic trouble shooting, this is the 2nd time this had happened to me, I am so sick of it, the 2nd time it was 1 month past warrenty and microcenter offered to fix it for me for free. NOW, same thing happened and I really doubt they're going to do it again. So now I am stuck with a dead laptop, any proposals or thoughts on what I should do?

HP DV9500, first problem- It EASILY overheats, it will just shut itself down when running on HP reccomended or Performace. I cannot locate the CPU because when u take the plate off it reveals a Hard Drive and the mother board. What can I do? I think i just need to air the CPU fan to remove it of lint and dust, but I can't find it at all.
2nd problem- the wireless doesnt work, I don't think it is compatible but it is Broadcom Wireless (the laptop wireless) It fully recongizes its existance but just can't connect to it, I entered in the right WEP key and everything, this happened even before I had WEP keys and when I used it in other people's homes.

Thanks for reading, I am mostly concerened about the DV9500's overheating problem, I can't even play flash games at a good framerate, its like 5 FPS constantly.

Thanks for everything.
Closed Thread