Trouble with sound card/headphone/speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmasterz8

Beta member
I recently had a computer problem and brought it to a computer store to get it fixed.They erased most of my stuff but fixed it.

Well my sound seems to come out through my speakers and headphones.In volume control the wave seems to affect my volume.If I have volume control muted, and the wave unmuted and high, volume WILL come out.This is verrrry confusing to me.

I dont know if its my audio driver problem.I have conexant HD-audio smartaudio 221 according to device manager.I tried updating the driver but it ended up removing it and saying NO AUDIO DEVICE.I tried rollbacking but it didnt work so i system restored back to the beginning.

So now I am unable to play videos or games because its too loud in my house.Can anyone explain what wave means,suggest the proper sound audio device,explanation as to why sound comes through both speakers and headphones,etc..

Im not really good with tech stuff too and cant be forced to go back to the computer store.I think I fixed this myself last time but forgot what I did.

Btw I have a Compaq Presario C700 Notebook Windows XP

Sorry for the wall of text :eek:

I believe the 'wave' option is used when you're playing music, e.g. different volume control than normal system volume. It sounds like it's working like it's meant to.

What's the problem exactly? The sound doesn't work? Is too soft? Is too loud? Just post your exact problem please :)

Ok my exact problem is that sound does come through.Its just that my headphone is plugged in the correct jack and it comes out as well.

FIXED IT MYSELF YAY lol

Ok for future people(or myself if it happens again) here is how to fix it:
Download SP33867.exe and reboot.Then download audio driver:sp35940.exe

1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp35940 folder and the double click the V32 folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.

This is for Compaq Presario C700 notebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom