Trouble Deciding Which Computer to Buy

Mikirae

Beta member
I had my eye on two different laptops, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out which one I should get. Would anyone be willing to help me out? One thing to note: The ASUS is $200 cheaper than the MSI (open box deal in my area).

MSI 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive Black GE62VR APACHE PRO-086 - Best Buy

Asus 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive + 128GB Solid State Drive Black GL702VM-BHI7N09 - Best Buy

At a preliminary first glance, I'd say the ASUS is a better deal, especially if you're getting $200 off it, though 12GB of ram is an odd number... lol

Edit: The ASUS also has a 1060 6GB instead of a 1060 3GB as is found in the MSI version.
Edit 2: ASUS also has a bigger screen (17.3 inches vs 15.6 inches)
Edit 3: If you're a gamer, the ASUS has a G-Sync display, which you're going to bloody LOVE.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for that! Yeah, I've found Best Buy's specifications to be shoddy at best. I can't even find if either of them have an IPS or TN screen. The few things that' real throwing me off about the ASUS is that it doesn't have a CD drive, and I know the speakers on that laptop are awful. It feels like everyone I ask chooses a different one that I should buy, honestly. Lol

Back
Top Bottom