Trackpad Not Responsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I think I pretty much know the answer to this question however I'm in a slight dilemma.

I have an HP laptop here with the trackpad not responding at all. I dug all of the viruses out of it and reinstalled the drivers several times, as well as a system restore from 10 days ago. But the trackpad still didn't work. I considered re-imaging it since it has a recovery partition with a factory-loaded default image, but instead I decided to pop in a Linux LiveCD.

Upon booting Ubuntu, the trackpad still didn't work.

I checked all Fn keys. Nothing helped activate it. There's also a dedicated on/off button by the trackpad. It of course is enabled.

I think it's pretty safe to say it's hardware related, but my tools are at work and this is bugging the **** out of me. Is there anything else you guys think I should try before I crack this thing open tomorrow?

There is a cable that connects that trackpad to the MB, while you do have to take a lot of the laptop apart to get to this cable it isan't as hard to get to as the processor. I agree, it does sound hardware related (assuming you've hooked up an external mouse and it worked) and if the plug is fine, you may need to replace the track pad.

My Pavilion laptop has a button right above the trackpad that turns it off - stupid i know but just make sure that light is on if your laptop has that button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom