touch pad replacement?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so i have been having trouble with my touch pad for a while. by trouble, i mean that when i am trying to move the pointer, large moves are fine, but when i slow down for the finishing placement, the pointer jumps around quite a bit. to the point now where i sometimes now just give up. i would think its a replaceable part, right? but when i try to find a new one on newegg, or even ebay, i can not find one. is there another name for it? or is it one of those things i will have to special order from the manufacturer (lenovo), or is it really not replaceable?

If this is a touch pad on a laptop, then 99.9% of the time you'll need to replace the entire palm rest. The best place to get a replacement palm rest would be Ebay. Just be sure to check out all the specs to be sure your getting what you need and the right one.

Edit: I highly recommend that you get one listed as "new" if one is available

Last edited:
Let me ask - how old is this computer? I think there is nothing wrong or bad with this touchpad. The problem is usually always something else. Even very rarely is there problem with driver, mostly not. But at first say how old it is and what You have did during this time, I mean is there something replaced with other or newer.
Of course, unless you have not influenced it with your bear power.
Attention! The reason can be very unpredictable for the average user!

XWrench3 did not tell us what laptop he has (other than just Lenovo) , the model or serial number or the operating system either. Not enough info to guess as to what the issue could be

the laptop is about 5 years old. its a lenovo g 50. its a basic computer that allows me to get online, check emails, and search up things. its nothing fancy for sure. i did something last night, mostly out of frustration, that has seemed to help. at least in the short run. i have cleaned the touch pad previously, but only with electronics "wet wipes" so to speak. last night, i used 91% isopropyl alcohol, and scoured the daylights out of it with a towel. so far, its a big improvement. what it will do in the long run is yet to be seen.

the laptop is about 5 years old. its a lenovo g 50. its a basic computer that allows me to get online, check emails, and search up things. its nothing fancy for sure. i did something last night, mostly out of frustration, that has seemed to help. at least in the short run. i have cleaned the touch pad previously, but only with electronics "wet wipes" so to speak. last night, i used 91% isopropyl alcohol, and scoured the daylights out of it with a towel. so far, its a big improvement. what it will do in the long run is yet to be seen.

You'd be surprised at how dirt/oil/etc. can affect that kind of stuff. Hopefully that's all it ended up being!

Back
Top Bottom