toshiba user login problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

techmessup27

Beta member
My toshiba satellite laptop will not let me log into my user account, which is the only active account on it. I have never changed my password and have windows 7 on it. Please help!!

What error are you getting? Is it saying that you're getting your password wrong? This and similar information would be helpful.

Is it possible a family member/friend has changed it without your knowledge?

It might help or it might not, but check to make sure your caps lock key isn't on, also enable your numberlock.

Also there is a way to get back inside your laptop, but we need to make sure it's yours and nobody elses.

If you verify it, I'll help you through email support only.

Even if it is his, he could still be lying. So, leave that part out.

If it happens to just freeze on you, that is a different problem.

First, my laptop doesn't have a numberpad. Second, it is my laptop, and no one else uses it. Third, it does say I'm getting the passcode wrong, but I've never changed it(I've had it for 3 years)

Numberlock is a key on your keyboard that allows the numbers under u,i,o,p, etc. to be typed as numbers they represent. Some laptops do not have a numberlock, but instead have a FN key. Essentially, you do have a numberpad, its just not separate keys.

Did you make sure you caps lock isn't on, like Mike said?

I don't have an external USB keyboard(just wondering, it says reset password at the bottom of the screen, but when I click it, it says I need a floppy disk or a flash drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom