TOSHIBA SP6000 - Help reuired with passworrd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doyley12

Beta member
Hi all,

I have a problem with my laptop, it was left in somebody else's hands whilst I was away and since i have received it back a password has been added.

When switched on the computer stays on the black background and requests this password be entered before it will even load windows. Anyone know how to remove?

Hello,

It's likely a boot password set in the BIOS settings. Reset your BIOS settings and it should also reset the password.

The CMOS/ROTC batteries are soldered onto the boards on toshibas. You'll either have to: a) send it in for warranty to get the password cleared, or b) crack it open yourself and desolder the battery.

I've seen this happen to so many Toshibas its not even funny; hence why I tend to stay away from them.

The CMOS/ROTC batteries are soldered onto the boards on toshibas. You'll either have to: a) send it in for warranty to get the password cleared, or b) crack it open yourself and desolder the battery.

I've seen this happen to so many Toshibas its not even funny; hence why I tend to stay away from them.

I can vouch for this. I know of at least 5 people now that have had to contact Toshiba to get it serviced. It was a bug in one of their BIOS Versions. Very common as well. Google shows over 4 Million results for this issue.

Forgive me Alvin.C

How do I do that? Im not the most technical of people. Would you advice!

Thanks

Forgive me Alvin.C

How do I do that? Im not the most technical of people. Would you advice!

Thanks
I told you in my previous post.

Desoldering the battery yourself there's a chance you can heat it up too much and ruin the battery and/or traces on the board unless you know what you're doing.

Sorry Alvin.C

How do I reset the bios password?

Like Saxon said, Mak and I have both told you. I told you twice, and even bolded my response the 2nd time and further explained. Its your choice to listen or not now, but Alvin will tell you the exact same thing as both Mak and I have told you.

Forgotten Your Toshiba's Bios Password? We Can Help!
toshiba bios password solution for Centrino/P4 laptops?

there are a couple of topics i found on Google. but again teh password is set and can not be satisfied by anything you enter.

Toshiba Support - Homepage

You will have to do there and get the local ASP to get it fixed. As per teh support page:

The computer models listed above may display a "Password =" prompt when the computer is turned on, even though no power-on password has been set. If this happens, there is no password that will satisfy the password request. If the computer is turned off and back on again, it is very likely that the same password prompt will appear. The computer will be unusable until this problem is fixed.

If the problem has not happened yet, you can prevent it from happening in the future by upgrading the BIOS to the newest version.

The occurrence of this problem on any particular computer is unpredictable -- it may never happen, but it could happen any time that the computer is turned on. If this problem does occur, it will be necessary to send the computer to a Toshiba Authorized Service Provider, who will fix the problem at no charge to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom