Toshiba satellite z830-12e SSD not recognised

fixitme

Solid State Member
I have a Toshiba satellite z830-12e not booting into windows, comes to black screen with error: insert system disk.
Checked the bios and ssd is not listed. Have replaced it with new one but still not recognised. Sata mode is ahci.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Have replaced it with new one but still not recognised. Sata mode is ahci.

If it's not being recognized in the bios, then re-check to be sure it's inserted into the drive bay fully and connected. If the bios still can't recognize this ssd then there may be something wrong with it

Contact the manufacture for support of this mSata drive, it may be faulty. They can give you options to check the health status and provide an RMA number if you need one

Have replaced it with new one but still not recognised. Sata mode is ahci.

If you've replaced the drive with another one already, chances could be the mSATA port is failing then. You could try RMA'ing the 2nd drive, and if you get a new one that does the same thing...I'd say it's something with either the slot or something else on the board.

Thanks for your help guys. Turns out I had to format the drive and create a partition using cmd.

I have a Toshiba satellite z830-12e not booting into windows, comes to black screen with error: insert system disk.
Checked the bios and ssd is not listed. Have replaced it with new one but still not recognised. Sata mode is ahci.

formatted or not, the drive should be recognized in the bios, big difference from not being recognized by windows

Back
Top Bottom