Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1 wont charge.

Dorito

Beta member
My toshiba satellite x205-sli1 will not charge. One day i tried to charge it and it simply wouldnt. I realize there could be a problem with the AC adapter or the battery, but im wondering if it could also be something else and if i can try something to make the laptop charge.

Thank you. all feed-back helps :)

I agree with MoM on the new battery.

Also, for an AC adapter are you using the one that came with it, or a third party adapter? Those could cause some issues.

I agree with MoM on the new battery.

Also, for an AC adapter are you using the one that came with it, or a third party adapter? Those could cause some issues.

I am using the original ac adapter that came with it yes.

What exactly causes a laptop battery to fail? And what can i do to prevent it from happening?

When possible go through full charge cycles. Let it get down to 5% or so, then charge it up the whole way. Try not to leave it on the charger all the time.

"Overcharging" isn't relevant on Li-Ion batteries; the issue is mainly heat. This topic could be of some use:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f64/useful-lithium-battery-information-248289/

It's geared towards phones mostly, but also relevant to laptop batteries.

@OP: Make sure that the charger is outputting the correct voltage/amps/wattage from the charging jack. Do this with a multimeter; it should say the output values on the sticker on the charger brick; compare those to what the multimeter reads out.

Can someone also help me?
I have a packard bell and whenever i put my laptop to the charger it charges up for 2 minutes and then the power light and the battery indicator light start flashing on and off.
When i turn of my laptop it just charges normally whitout any problems.
I dont think there is something wrong with the charger plug itself because i used a different one and it keeps coming with the same problem.

Can someone help me?:(

Can someone also help me?
I have a packard bell and whenever i put my laptop to the charger it charges up for 2 minutes and then the power light and the battery indicator light start flashing on and off.
When i turn of my laptop it just charges normally whitout any problems.
I dont think there is something wrong with the charger plug itself because i used a different one and it keeps coming with the same problem.

Can someone help me?:(

Probably a battery issue or power jack problem. I'd lean towards battery issue.

Back
Top Bottom