Toshiba Satellite U845t-S4165 wont boot up to windows

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
started doing this few weeks ago. its the model with 128gb SSD system drive

all updates are fine.
I get it to boot into system tools menu before windows boots up then it would boot up
I run antivirus error check disk etc.
then it sits for a day or two and stops booting up

I did it twice already. boot up to bios reset to defaults or not same thing
then boot up into the system tools menu where it has few basic tools from Toshiba and system restore etc.

all updates are there laptop is less than a year old

now it would show Toshiba logo(boot screen) and then shuts off completely after 2 seconds

I donno how many sticks are in it. its sealed back . no acess panels for anything.

is there a program I can run to test ram?

haven't got to scan the memory yet but its strange

push power button it doesn't boot.

I go to boot menu and then select recovery menu then right away click proceed to windows and it boots up normally.

and every time after it boots up normall then I close the lid let it sit for about 45 seconds and now it froze on Toshiba leading innovation boot screen
reboot and it loaded up just fine I think theres something wrong with this laptops brains

we got a year warranty with this one hopefully it still good

I had a similar problem with my Toshiba laptop. Whenever i turned it on, the machine can be heard running but the screen will remain blank with no activity. It turned out that the motherboard was dying.

I would suggest you take it to the shop and explain to them everything. It's better to deal with it now before it causes huge problems for you in the future when your warranty is over.

haven't had time to drive to the store (30 miles away) but it worked for about a month with no issues
then last week again would not start
pretty consistent

if I just push power button it will flash lights and go to Toshiba boot screen and shut down

if I press f12 and select hdd recovery and then right away without doing anything else press proceed to windows 8.1 it will boot into windows every time

I ran tests after tests and didn't find anything.
what can it be?

haven't had time to drive to the store (30 miles away) but it worked for about a month with no issues
then last week again would not start
pretty consistent

if I just push power button it will flash lights and go to Toshiba boot screen and shut down

if I press f12 and select hdd recovery and then right away without doing anything else press proceed to windows 8.1 it will boot into windows every time

I ran tests after tests and didn't find anything.
what can it be?

You said you can boot into windows with your work around, do you encounter any performance issues whilst using it? like freezing, lag, screen colour changes, or restarts or shutdowns? if not it could just be your OS or SSD.

Id suggest doing a backup of your data then reinstalling the OS. After that if it still causing issues I'd take it back to the store as Walcott suggested for repairs or swap.

Last edited:
yea we were about to take it for warranty but suddenly it started working fine. and now it is having the issue again lol.
maybe we got a drama queen laptop and it doesn't want to go back to store but wants to play with our emotions:)

Back
Top Bottom