Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 Laptop Touchpad Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mujtaba Bajwa

Beta member
Hi there,

Im having problems with my Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 Touchpad. It was fine until when i was walking down the stairs and accidently dropped it. The hard drive had to be replaced and the touchpad wansn't working. I've tried to diagnose the problem by checking device manager updating driver's etc. And ive narrowed it down to 2 causes: Damaged motherboard OR the touchpad wire has come loose/off. So as im really good with computers and very good with laptop's i need to disassemble my Laptop to get to the touchpad wire and check it out first. And then i will know if it is the touchpad or the motherboard. And now I have never disassembled a laptop before i have no idea what the process is especially for my medel which i cannot find guides for as it is not a very recent one. Could someone please give instructions on how to disassemble it? I will leave model and other info. about it at the end of this post. I would appreciate links to a guide etc or just simple easy instruction and pictures would be helpful.

Thank you ever so much for reading this wall of text and Thank you if you decide to help me out :D

Come on Tech Forums Let's see how good you are :)

Model Name: Satellite Pro A200
Model Number: PSAE1E-00Q002EN

Dropping it could have damaged the touchpad itself. Not just the wires.

If it is still under warranty, do not open it. RMA it to Toshiba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom