Toshiba Satellite NETWORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
OMG it sucks! gain internet, lost internet, gain internet, lose internet. it's not my wireless access point, have two other people on the network, one connected physically, the other wirelessly. my lappy just pure outright sucks! any ideas on if this could possibly be a software issue that would not require me going to best buy or something to purchase a network card? or are these just notorious for having the worlds worst wireless solutions?
Honestly, it's gotten so bad that today I downloaded an app on my G1 that allows me to use the G1 as a tether, but it's dialup slow, can't run multiple windows/tabs or messenger services.

OMG it sucks! gain internet, lost internet, gain internet, lose internet. it's not my wireless access point, have two other people on the network, one connected physically, the other wirelessly. my lappy just pure outright sucks! any ideas on if this could possibly be a software issue that would not require me going to best buy or something to purchase a network card? or are these just notorious for having the worlds worst wireless solutions?
Honestly, it's gotten so bad that today I downloaded an app on my G1 that allows me to use the G1 as a tether, but it's dialup slow, can't run multiple windows/tabs or messenger services.
Don't know much about networking and stuff, but guessing it's software based because I'm using a Satellite laptop also and the connection is fine, wireless as well. Can't pinpoint what software though or if it really is :(.

Try to get a USB wireless card, see if that helps. Do you have the correct drivers for your internal wireless card? Not window's default?

How far away are you from the access point? and how good of a connection do you have??

Do you have the correct drivers for your internal wireless card? Not window's default?
My thoughts as well. Have you checked to make sure your internal wireless card is well connected, as in open it up and verify?

This doesn't sound like a networking problem, though, as everyone else is using the network just fine.

There are times when some people need to open their case to blow dust out of it. However, If there is a sticker on the back, that cover the screws, trying to open that up would void your warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom