Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 LCD Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTIMA

Solid State Member
I'm trying to fix this laptop and i can't figure out whats wrong, you turn on the power and the system powers on but nothing appears on the lcd. So far im backing up the files that were on it just so tey are saved atleast. How should i proceed, my first instinct told me just video driver got corrupted, deleted or uninstalled, another theory i have is that the panel crapped out in which i have to replace it, really hope not though lol... help please and thank you

If the video card drivers were corrupted, the BIOS could still run. It would just have a problem when it goes into Windows.

Your LCD may be bad or loosely connected. Try a external monitor, and see if you get anything.

Is the laptop powering on fully or is it turning on, and a few seconds later, turning off?

It's powering on and staying on but im not sure if the hard drive is coming online i put the hard drive in an ext case and it works fine so my search narrowed a bit not much i havent got a chance to crack it open yet also im not sure if it is related but was having over heating issue before and the side panel has a crack i believe that the crack is related to the heat issue but not sure about the display....thanks

OK finally got a chance to back up the files properly, started taking off the bottom of the case but it was at three in the morning and i was half asleep but the casing seemed to be set so that it was a pain to get off without completely deconstructing the system which i just don't have the time to do blind if anyone has a site or way to get a tear down model or case blueprint or an insight about new laptop cases I'd appreciate it immensely.

I really wish that were the case in this scenario...heh no pun intended :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom