Toshiba Satellite C55-B5302 touchpad stopped working completely

I've tried updating drivers, multiple times. no luck.

My touchpad doesn't have a light to indicate that it's enabled...

Yes it is the F5 key, but pressing it doesn't change anything...

(replying to setishock) I was just doing something on the destop, (i can't remember, but I think I was going through my PSP stuff, I go into a folder for my PSP stuff alot)

I've tried updating drivers, multiple times. no luck.

My touchpad doesn't have a light to indicate that it's enabled...

Yes it is the F5 key, but pressing it doesn't change anything...

Just updating != uninstalling / removing drivers from device manager and then reinstalling. Have you done that, or did you just install over the top without uninstalling first?

Hi Carnage! May I ask if installing over the top will work, or does the driver need to removed first in devise manager and then the update installed by searching???
Could you explain exactly how to do this!!
Thanks!
Gary!

Hi Carnage! May I ask if installing over the top will work, or does the driver need to removed first in devise manager and then the update installed by searching???
In this case I recommend it for troubleshooting.

Could you explain exactly how to do this!!
Thanks!
Gary!
Posted the instructions already:
Tried uninstalling the touchpad driver from device manager (also check the "Delete driver" box), reboot and see if it works with the default Windows driver? If that works, then reinstall the Toshiba driver and see if it starts working then.

Looks like no response to my reply. I thought it was a good question and I really was hoping for a answer. OH well!! My touch pad is working and I don't fix it if it ain't broke!!
I'm thinking I just uninstalled mine in devise manager and rebooted and let windows install the driver. I remember having a problem a long time ago, but can't remember the fix!!
Thanks!
Gary!!
OOps here we go again. Sorry carnage! Thank you very much for your response. I got in a hurry. I think I understand what you're saying.
Thank you! You are appreciated!
Gary!
This time only one minute difference in our replies!! LOL LOL

Last edited:
Hi Carnage! If the driver is exe, it is my understanding that it will install.(Over the top)????
If it's a zip, then you need to unzip the file and point to it. This always causes my brain to lock up. This is the link I try to refer OP's to. If the OP uninstalls the driver in devise manager and then lets windows reinstall the driver and it works, is there a need to go further with a up dated driver?? This is the way I learn, but some times there seems to be some thing causing my brain not to want to burn this image. I use to worry about updating drivers all the time, but I have learned it it ain't broke don't fix it.
Thanks Carnage. Don't mean to Hi-Jack this thread and hope I'm helping a little and also learning a little.
Gary!
PS If I need to back off a little, please inform me and I will back off!
Thanks!!
How do I install a computer driver?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom