Toshiba Satellite C55-B5302 touchpad stopped working completely

Zekester2097

In Runtime
OK, I was using my Toshiba Satellite, and out of nowhere, the touchpad stops working completely. no buttons work or anything. I've run a virus scan, booted in safe mode, tried rolling back driver, tried updating driver, tried installing driver package from Toshiba... Nothing... Any ideas?

Obvious question...but...did you hit the button or key combination that disabled the touchpad?

Could be a hardware issue, loose connector (over time) or just a faulty touchpad that needs replacing..

1) I didn't press the disable button.
2) No, I don't think it's a hardware issue, as when I'm in the BIOS, the mouse works (UEFI BIOS)

I think it's some kind of Windows problem, as it worked perfectly just yesterday.

Tried uninstalling the touchpad driver from device manager (also check the "Delete driver" box), reboot and see if it works with the default Windows driver? If that works, then reinstall the Toshiba driver and see if it starts working then.

Hi! You could give this a try! It worked for me one time.
Go to device manager in control panel.
Open mouse and pointing devices
Right click on Synaptics touchpad
Click Uninstall
Reboot and let windows reinstall!
You could also give this a try!
Starting drumming on touch pad at different strengths light and pretty hard, and at different speeds, slow and really fast.
I think it's some kind of Windows problem, as it worked perfectly just yesterday.
PS If it worked yesterday, you might try restoring back to the time it was working.

Last edited:
My G7 will run both at the same time but some systems will shut off the touch pad when a mouse is plugged in.

What were you doing on the laptop just prior to it stop responding?

1) I didn't press the disable button.
2) No, I don't think it's a hardware issue, as when I'm in the BIOS, the mouse works (UEFI BIOS)

If it's windows, it may be F5, when you refresh a page it can disable touchpad, or if you keep a mouse plugged in, this can disable the touchpad..

How do you update the drivers? I think that will be the cause..

Out of curiosity, does your Satellite have a light in the upper left corner of the touchpad and, if it does, is the light lit?

On my Satellite, I have it set so that if a mouse is detected, the touchpad is automatically disabled. When it's disabled, the light turns on to indicate the touchpad is disabled. It can also be disabled/enabled manually by pressing the F5 key.

Hi On my Satellite by pressing the FN key, I have the option to enable or disable my touch pad with the F9 key. You can also set options to disable the touch pad if a external mouse is detected as strollin has suggested. I do not see a lite however. My model is L775D-S7222! I turn this FN option on by turning on Flash Cards in Utilities.
I'm guessing that every model is different, but that's the way mine works!!
Gary!!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom