Toshiba Satellite a505 maximum DVMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

batador

Beta member
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite a505 (in know, it's not the best for gaming) with 4GB of ram, 1TB of external memory (i use when at home) and an intel chipset that says it can go up to 1853 MB. I would like to know if on this laptop it is possible to configure how much memory my graphics card uses in order to get more performance out of games (i can already run FIFA 11 1366x768 resolution medium settings, 25fps). And also if there are any utilities out there that could improve the performance of my laptop. Also, one last question is 60C hot for a laptop CPU?
Thanks, Batador.

We need the full model of your laptop. Satellite A505-XXXXX

If you need more performance in games, minimize the graphic effects.

60C at idle, or with playing games?

seems to be the Satellite A505-S6980 (it has the big battery)
It starts low but after a while it goes to 60 when i'm using it not in games, stays at 60 when i play and goes to 70 when rendering a video in HD (i expect that). And yea, FIFA 11 is the only new game i can play with those settings. I play F1 2010 everything minimum 800x600 windowed normally.

There is no way you can pump water from a dry desert. Don't try to push it. Laptop graphics can not take the overload of graphic processing, as desktop ones can.

60C on idle? that is not good, be sure your CPU fan doesn't have dust buildup.

ok thx anyways i just saw that my card could go up to 1853MB so i was just wondering... well i'll just save up for a desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom