Toshiba Satellite a215-s4757 bios help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargon

Beta member
I have a Toshiba Satellite a215-s4757, AMD Turion 64 x2 dual-core processor.

And i need to get into the bios, when i boot up it says to press f2 and when i press it i get:

phoenix bios setup utility, which looks and has none of the bios options i need.

called tech support said what i needed was advanced bios utility

then i called the toshiba repair store here in washington and they told me that i cannot enter the advanced bios options because toshiba no longer alows you to or atleast my laptop they wont.

i need to know if what they said is true.

i tried every key and key combo to enter the **** bios nothing worked.

help me please

well, if they say that you cant enter advanced bios, then you probably cant. afterall, they made it, so they probably know what they're talking about.

It's very possible. Toshiba has always been extremely picky about their BIOS, as well as who can and can't repair their laptops (good luck finding service manuals to crack that thing open!). Maybe if you download a newer version of their bios the options you need will be available. Link to your laptop's downloads page:
Toshiba Support - Content List

Your bios should have a date on it somewhere so you can see if any of these are newer.

most computers purchased at retail locations or popular laptop manufactures have BIOS's that are locked down and no way of unlocking unless you can reflash the BIOS with an unlocked version and give you very basic options to work with due to the amount of headaches the companies would have if every joe smoe thinks they know what they are doing and tinker with the BIOS and next thing you know computer doesnt boot...who are they gonna call...the manufacture

This should be able to be solved by opening the Ram bay and shorting out two solder points. Usually marked with a "xxx". The notebook should be started with these solder points shorted. Once the pc is on, it should go through the normal process without asking for a bios password. Once the pc is restarted, the CMOS password should disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom