Toshiba Satellite A215 making annoying noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreyos

Beta member
The sound is coming from the left side by the fan and the side vent. It started a few weeks ago and ever since it has been driving me insane. It comes and goes, but when it comes it stays for a while. It kind of sounds like a buzzing noise...but more like something is inside the computer. I can temporarily make the sound stop by pushing down on the plastic, but when I release it it comes right back. I tried tightening the screws on the bottom of the laptop..but it doesnt seem to help.

Also, my computer sucks at streaming videos. It always stops playing and starts right back up a second later, but it's just annoying. It downloads the videos fine, just playing is rough.

Anyone know what could be causing these problems?

Use a can of air to clean the fans - see if that fixes the noise.

Streaming videos requires a certain bandwidth to stream consistently. So when you download videos, movies, music what is the kb/s that it downloads? My guess is you don't have very fast internet connection speed so you can download stuff fine (slow but fine) and you can't watch streaming videos because it requires a minimum bandwidth to keep up with the video (pausing the movie will allow the download to get ahead of what is being played).

Google speakeasy speed test, run a few of those and let us know your bandwidth speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom