This toshiba satellite a135 is driving me NUTZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
This gateway mt6828 is driving me NUTZ!!!

Alright so I offered to help someone clean and "speed up" their laptop
well its vista which im not to font off and they dont want me to format it cos she uses outlook express and doesn't want to loose her emails.

1- is their a way to back up those emails and if i format and re install outlook they will be back?
2- i was updating drivers and now the graphic driver just doesnt install, keeps saying its not signed when it is from the gateway site.
It runs really slow, i ran avg, malwarebytes, webroot was also installed and it found no spyware at all.
I ran updates and had it update to sp2 but still slow performance, its a dual core but 1gb ram...

I ahve a desktop upstairs thats an amd 3400 i believe, single core, 2gb ram and on win7 and it runs smooth, wats up with this pos?

Ok for a start, 1Gb on a laptop running vista is going to be no way near adequate. You need to upgrade that for her.

Next, How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data

After that, backup her user folder manually (desktop, documents, downloads, any personal folders she's created in C:\ , etc), then take note of what programs she's got installed so you can reinstall them after you've formatted (and if they're particularly uncommon/expensive you might want to double check she's still got the installer/license first).

Ok for a start, 1Gb on a laptop running vista is going to be no way near adequate. You need to upgrade that for her.

Next, How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data

sorry its a gateway mt6828

well i agree about the ram, but why the graphic installation error?
plus the bottom row sets of keys are messed up,
i have to hold function then only the correct keys will come up while typing...

Gateway Support Drivers & Downloads
I noticed there's two different driver options you can download for the video, have you tried them both?

yeah...
i use these softwres that update ure drivers, its worked fine on a bunch of pcs, this was the first one where after updating it would never install again, i wish i never updated it.
it installs them sometimes but after restart, its still the vga driver
plus do u know why the keys are messed up
like when i press m, 0 comes up
i have to hold the Fn key then it works fine

plus will this laptop work if i install win7 on it?
on the support website, they arent any drivers for win 7...
she doesn't have a recovery disk...

No, it doesn't look like that laptop has Win7 drivers so I wouldn't recommend trying to install it.

Download DriverSweeper, uninstall the vga drivers, boot into safe mode, and use driversweeper to get rid of any leftover installation files.

As for the keys, sounds like there might be a short in the keyboard contacts. You could take the keyboard off and look at the circuit underneath. Check for corrosion as well.

driver sweeper doesn't have integrated graphics to select, i always use it for my nvidia card but it doens't have anything for intel...so i dount that will do anyting as for the keyboard circuit, i'd rather not mess with openigng this thing up,
I don't no much about laptop hardware...just desktops

To me the keyboard issue is kinda a big thing, so if you can't fix that it's not really worth trying to fix the rest up.

To me the keyboard issue is kinda a big thing, so if you can't fix that it's not really worth trying to fix the rest up.

well the funny thing is that she never even mentioned anything about the keyboard, btw this is different from the issue i posted at the other thread(potentiallony longest thread)
this keyboard works, just the bottom row of keys.
All she said is that this pc is slow and make it fast...

edit

i ran windows 7 advisor and it said win 7 should be fine? shud i trust it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom