Toshiba NB205 won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

wachtn

Baseband Member
I found this thread posted in September. My problem is the same as these people:

A205-S5804 Will not turn on - power and battery li... - Toshiba Laptop Forums

No useful support has been offered for his question, yet, so I posted my question here. I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

In the last week my Toshiba NB205 has had trouble turning on. When I turn it off, shutdown or reboot, it would take several (10+) attempts to turn it back on. Naturally, I avoided the problem as best I could. This morning I have been unable to get my notebook to turn on at all. Please help.

To help make my problem as clear as possible. The battery does hold a charge and is charged. The power cord is connected and plugged into a live outlet. When my the NB205 boots into Windows everything seems to work as expected. I was using this NB205 just a few minutes before each shutdown/reboot. The only problem is getting this POS to turn on. (Forgive the language.) If there is extra information you need, please ask. Thanks for all your help.

If the battery is good and you get a charge out of the adapter, then the power connector on the motherboard has broken off and will need to be soldered back into place. This is a pain to do because you not only have to take the entire laptop apart, you ahve to then clean off the old soldering job then do a new soldering job yourself.

Might be. Thank you. That was the best advice I've been given so far. The thing I don't get is that the pc was working fine until it was shut down. When you turn it on the hdd light comes on for a moment then goes out. Its almost like the hdd is not coming on.

Thanks for the advice. Fixing that problem is beyond my current skill level. I'll take it in for repair in a few days.

If the light blinks, that is usually an indication of lack of power, if the hard drive was bad it would turn on, stay on and do nothing or turn on and beep at you before restarting.

Thanks Lex. Its very odd and I think you might be right about the loose connection. After about 20 trys the POS finally came on. Its a PC so it must be rebooted sometime. :( Ill take it to the shop and see what they want to fix it. If its too much, I'll take it apart and see what happens. Wish me luck and thanks for the help.

Any more suggestion or ideas would be awesome.

Your welcome, let us know how it goes. If it is too costly to repair in a shop, there are some good articles on replacing the piece on the motherboard I was talking about. You just have to do a lot of digging to find them.

Thanks. Kinda hoping there will be a little green guy with some flags jumping up and down yellin "Its here! Look here! The problem is here!" If its no trouble at all and you happen to have some of those articles on hand, could you send me the link? I think my roommate knows how to solder and I always enjoy learning something new. It should work out. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom