Toshiba NB205 WILL NOT POWER ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanmagic32

Beta member
My toshiba NB205 will not power on. The laptop worked fine until I had my laptop out of town and forgot my charger. The laptop went dead which was o.k because I knew I did charge the battery. Well after plugging in my charger no lights or anything will appear on the laptop. I have tried to charge the laptop without the battery and nothing happens. I have tried another charger but still nothing happens. Any suggestions of any other things I can try???? Please help!!!

My NB205 died last night. I got a blue screen of death and now it won't turn on. Only the power lights turn on. I called in and they told me I am out of luck and it would cost more than it is worth to repair it (most likely a dead motherboard). This is my 2nd motherboard - the first one died on me under warranty and they replaced it.

When I called in and complained about my not even 2 year old netbook (bought in August 2009, died in May 2011) they told me it was not a known problem and there was nothing they could do. Call them up, complain, and maybe it will become a known problem.

In the meantime, I've started a blog because I want to be a spiteful customer. If Toshiba scorns you too then feel free to add credibility to my blog: toshibasucks on wordpress.com

Wiggle the charger connection to the laptop with it plugged in - does the light flicker on? It could be that the power connector in the laptop is loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom