Toshiba NB205 Monitor Starts and Stops Blinking - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Toshiba NB205 Monitor Starts and Stops Blinking

I have a Toshiba NB205 N230 Net book, and love using it. I have had it since December 2009. In the past few months, I noticed that occasionally the screen would start blinking back and forth from a normal picture to a series of colored lines, to a grey blank screen then back to normal. At first it was not often and I could ignore it. The frequency of this issue seems to be steadily increasing over time. It has gotten to be a real problem. Sometimes it will do this flashing/lines for several seconds. If it does it for a long enough time I, it seems like moving the Monitor/Lid back and forth will stop it, if only for a few seconds. Sometimes it will not flash for several minutes, other times it never seems to stop. Any ideas what is causing this problem with my otherwise wonderful Net book?

Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Toshiba NB205 Monitor Starts and Stops Blinking

I take this isn't under warranty. This could be a bad connection of the screen. If you don't feel safe opening it, go to a repair place, just not the big places, as BestBuy or OfficeMax.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread