Toshiba Laptop Freezing

keops

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have a Toshiba laptop about 5 years old, it works perfectly that's why I like Toshiba maker
it just happened yesterday, I have several tab browser open ,it has always been so far no problem until yesterday, it keeps freezing (the mouse freezing) it means i can NOT surf or tab to different page etc
I only have several tab open ,none of the programs was used

when I check performance from task manager, CPU usage is anything from 2 to 20% at the most, I was told it must be minimum 80% of use

so what causes the mouse freezing ?
how do I fix it ?

Thank you

Re: TOSHIBA LAPTOP FREEZING

How do you go about checking the task manager if its frozen?

Do you use a wireless mouse? Maybe the batteries are almost dead? :p

How do you go about checking the task manager if its frozen?
I just said I've checked the task manager, how can it be frozen?

Do you use a wireless mouse? Maybe the batteries are almost dead? :p
I use electricity even battery is dead I would have noticed it

thanks

Is it specifically the mouse that is freezing?
If so, have you checked if there are any driver updates for this?

Is it specifically the mouse that is freezing?
If so, have you checked if there are any driver updates for this?

the mouse doesn't freeze, I'm surprised no one mentioned about the low level of CPU usage, this is where the problem came from but I can't fix it

Thanks

the mouse doesn't freeze, I'm surprised no one mentioned about the low level of CPU usage, this is where the problem came from but I can't fix it

Thanks

Hi,

Confused as in the original post you said the mouse was freezing? :/

So is the issue that your laptop is slowing down and freezing intermittently when you're surfing the internet?

As for the CPU usage indicated, this appears to be normal (but CPU usage will vary from computer to computer and program to program due to factors such as system specifications, operating system, power profile settings / power plan, system processes etc...).

For example, I'm using the Waterfox Internet browser at the moment (a 64-bit version of Mozilla Firefox) and I have 5 tabs open - my CPU usage is averaging 2-5% in Task Manager when surfing a webpage, and goes up to 30-40% briefly when loading a new website.

In any case, have you checked you power settings / power plan on your computer?

Last edited:

Hi,

Confused as in the original post you said the mouse was freezing? :/

In any case, have you checked you power settings / power plan on your computer?
yes the mouse is freezing sometimes so I can't surf , I mentioned the CPU usage was low it that the reason my mouse was freezing?
how do I check power setting/ power plan?

thanks

Have you checked your CPU temp, if the CPU is getting too hot that could also freeze the computer, but if it gets to hot the Laptop should turn it's self off, go into the bios and see how hot the cpu is running, if it is running over 65 - 70c then I would suggest the fan is either slowing down, or there is a load of dust in your machine, there can also be loads of other reasons why your computer freezes, it could just be a problem with the OS or a program you have installed, let us know how you get on

Also can I just mention, the CPU usage will go up significantly when loading a program or doing intense work like video rendering then it wil go back down to normal, just surfing the net with a few tabs open shouldn't cause the CPU to overload

Back
Top Bottom