Toshiba C50 Laptop Failed Bios Upgrade

jamesblue

Beta member
I have a Toshiba Satellite C50D B 120 and Toshiba Software showed a BIOS update, which I did it started okay, then said it would restart, on shutdown it stuck, mouse cursor did not move. I waited 30 minutes and nothing, so forced it off and now have just a black screen. The BIOS update is 5.30-WIN

I have taken the battery out, there is no CMOS battery

What are the BIOS recovery options?

The Laptop Model is SATELLITE C50D-B-120 and Part No PSCN4E-00X00QEN

Thank you

As far as I know, since the BIOS is corrupt, meaning the BIOS can't run, there's no recovery option. You may have to contact Toshiba to see if they can offer to restore the BIOS for you.

As far as I know, since the BIOS is corrupt, meaning the BIOS can't run, there's no recovery option. You may have to contact Toshiba to see if they can offer to restore the BIOS for you.

Some Laptops put a BIOS recovery option, basically if you press FN (or Flag) + B, it will read a BIOS file from a USB memory stick. https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/ami-bios-recovery/

But it does not work on Toshiba, i have posted something on their forums, but they are having issues, took two days to register. So was hoping someone else on other forums had the same issue and knows whether it is bricked, or there is a inbuilt recover option.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom