Toshbia Satellite S105 Power jack problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
Hey everyone, Im here for some help. I currently received a laptop mentioned above for free. The problem with it is that it was on a bed i guess and slid off. This fall caused the power plug/port to become loose and the power doesn't connect unless you push it in hard and wiggle. So i disassembled the laptop and i looked at the power jack. Its not the usual soldered to the motherboard kind. It attached to wires that connect to the motherboard. So I was curious where i maybe able to find one to resolder to the wires and fix the problem. But i rather find a store. Would radioshack possibly carry one if i show them the laptop?

Anyone else ever experence this problem, and how did you resolve it? I searched all over the internet but its all guides for the on board soldered power ports so i came here.

Thanks
steve

Hello,

Do you mean Toshiba Satellite 1410-S105 or 1415-S105? I couldn't find a Toshiba Satellite S105 on the Toshiba Support website.

Does the jack look like this?:

nbwht03side1tc9.jpg

If so, then you can find it on eBay:

OEM DC JACK POWER HARNESS TOSHIBA SATELLITE 1410-S105 on eBay, also Power Jacks, Laptop Adapters Chargers, Desktop Laptop Accessories, Computers Networking (end time 22-Feb-09 01:40:53 GMT)
OEM DC JACK POWER HARNESS TOSHIBA SATELLITE 1415-S105 on eBay, also Power Jacks, Laptop Adapters Chargers, Desktop Laptop Accessories, Computers Networking (end time 22-Feb-09 01:40:39 GMT)

These items are both the same, just listed for different model variants. They come with the cable, so you just need to plug the jack into the motherboard.

If this isn't the correct power jack, you'll find plenty more other replacement power jacks/sockets for Toshiba laptops on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom