Too Good to be True?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've pretty much settled on buying the AS5742G-6600. I just have one final question. The specification list says that there are three USB ports, but some small doubt was raised in the user review section as to whether the USB slots were 2.0. Can't I pretty safely assume that all modern PCs and laptops that have USB ports actually have USB 2.0 ports?

Purchased the laptop and finally received it after 9 days. Works great--runs Crysis fluently on all high settings! Thanks for all the help.

What do you think--do I need to worry about cooling if I'm rarely, if ever, going to be gaming for 1+ hours? I notice the machine pumps out a lot of hot air, but maybe this means that it's getting plenty of it away from the internal components?

Sorry if I'm being picky, but is a cooling pad a matter of "life or death" for the laptop? Will I significantly shorten the life of the machine if I game without a cooling pad? If so, aren't there any less expensive ways to keep the machine cool--such as wrapping an ice pack in a towel and setting the computer on top (checking regularly, of course, for any moisture that might seep through)?

A cooling pad isn't life or death, but overtime, your laptop will thank you. You know overheating is a problem, more so in laptops. Cooling is mandatory.

Another remedy is take a few books, block of wood, anything you have laying around. Put it under the back of the laptop. This will let cool air flow the bottom of your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom