three screen setup - docking station help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdude

Baseband Member
hi , I have dual screen setup with my laptop - I would like a third screen -

I did some research and found you can do this with a docking station - ( without this wiindows only supports two screens so youll have two exteranl screens on and latop off) so I bough t a easi dock docking station from ebay - PC Magazine reviews Mobility EasiDock 1000E - Reviews by PC Magazine

It didnt didnt plugin in cos its a card bus - card -- my newish laptop is a 54 express slot card I think or 68 ( how can you figure this out-?
ExpressCard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but thats ok cos you can buy and adapter for £40 quid ~ ( $80 )

however before I go ahead and spend this the drivers from the easi dock compant sem to only go to xp ---
iGo, Inc.

Ive been told that win 7 (the one i have) compatability mode wont help drivers cos thats from OEM

anyway My easii dock is just laying there ( with a US adapter ) luckily Id idnt buy an extra screen too -

anyway to cut a long story short what can I do ? sry for spelling

Do you just want a third screen?

If so, grab one of theses usb UV Plus things: EVGA | Products | Product List

Sorry, don't know much about the dock, but as the most expensive UV Plus is $69.99us, its cheaper than the adapter.

I think you got boned on this... I'd look to sell it off and find as different way.

Welcome to the forum.

hi patonb - yes I would like a three screen setup - this sounds like the thing for me ( as ill only use it for pallettes from ps and 3d s max)

can you just confirm is this 'uv plus' is capable of three screen setups, its doesnt seem to say ?

if it is thats excellent - ill probably just give te easi dock to a buddy of mine

thanks

thats excellent patonb - seems to be just what I was looking for - last thing why do peple put there wide screen monitors on thier side so they are portrait ?

Well its all about how you use it... Documents are usually long and narrow. So if you do alot with them, its a good setup.

Also with tool palettes. theyre usually narrow, so you can strech them out thast way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom