Thoughts on Lenovo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayzolight

Baseband Member
I'm helping a friend buy a very general use laptop. Mainly for storing pictures and music and internet use.

What is the overall perception of Lenovo products? I know most of the consultants I work with (I'm an IT recruiter) use Lenovo laptops.

In particular, he's considering this one...mainly because he can pick it up tomorrow and have it ready for an xmas gift for the fam from santa. Thanks!!!

Buy the Lenovo IdeaPad Y430-3222U 14.1" Widescreen Laptop and other Laptop computers at circuitcity.com

Well I can't speak for the IdeaPads, but Thinkpads are my preference of laptop -- I will probably buy nothing else as long as their top notch quality remains.

I don't have any personal experience with Lenevo, but I've heard good things. They seem to be a pretty decent up-and-coming brand. That looks like a pretty decent system for the cost.

What is the CPU clock speed on that Lenovo ???.

I just bought a similar in specs laptop. only it has 320gb hdd instead of the Lenovo's 250 but it only has 2gb compared to your three

Great laptops. I do have a Thinkpad T60 and I would not change it for anything else.

lenovo is ibm. lenovo just took over the end user market for towers and laptops. so you're getting the IBM tried and true build quality and such just with a different brand slapped on.

Got my Lenovo Ideapad Y510.

Apart from a few issues It's a great little laptop. Going to see if lenovo can't upgrade me to a Y530 which fixed most of those issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom