Thoughts on Gateway FX Gaming Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I am considering a Gateway P-7815u FX laptop. The specs look pretty good to me. Can anyone confirm that this would be a good buy? I would like be able to play some computer games since my current laptop is not games capable.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. You have the same laptop only with the better CPU and better resolution..??

Uh pretty much yea. Ive swapped the drive out though and i can pretty much guarantee that if the p8400 is a slight bottleneck to the 9800 that the slower CPU will be. Thats why i said youd prolly be happier with the Asus.

Which ASUS laptop?

I have narrowed it down to two laptops...I am intending on playing games with the laptop...

1. Newegg.com - Recertified: ASUS G Series G60VX-RBBX05 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P7450(2.13GHz) 16" 4GB Memory DDR2 800 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

2. Newegg.com - Recertified: ASUS G Series G72GX-RBBX05 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8700(2.53GHz) 17.3" 6GB DDR2 Memory 500GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

Obviously there is a price difference, but there are some other significant differences between the two. Is the $75 difference in price worth it (in #2's favor)??

The better CPU, larger display, more ram, and bigger hdd.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Which ASUS laptop?

I would get the first one..

But PLEASE stay on one thread, it doesn't make it any easier to address your problem.

Sorry, I figured I'd make a new thread because the title reads, "Gateway..."

Thanks for your response, I'm just debating whether or not the extra cost is worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom