Thoughts on Acer Aspire AS5732Z-4867

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
Hello,

I'm considering buying this laptop: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...grabb3r-_-Notebooks-_-Acer+America-_-34115752
and selling my current gaming desktop because I no longer play PC games. I'd rather just play on the PS3.

For everyday computer activities (browsing/word processing/excel/music, etc) what are your thoughts on this laptop?

It only has 2 USB ports, but I only need a mouse and printer, so that's fine. If I need more, I can just buy a 4-port USB hub, which would give me 5 USB ports, right?

The price looks right, and the specs look like they are more than adequate. The Intel GPUs are even better than what they used to be, so it's not all that terrible of a GPU, as long as you're not playing modern games.

Thanks!

Looks good to me, especially if you're not using it to game.
If I were you though, I'd look around at Asus, MSI, HP, Gateway, Lenovo, and try to find something in the same price range with similar specs with a 3 year warranty. :D

1 year warranties kinda suck >.> <.<

Yeah, I would like a 3 year warranty, but none of the laptops I looked at come with a 3 year warranty; only 1 year (even the more expensive ones).

Thanks for the replies.

It's really between the Acer listed above, and this ASUS: Newegg.com - ASUS P50IJ-X2 NoteBook Intel Pentium T4400(2.20GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel GMA 4500M - Laptops / Notebooks. The only differences I notice are: 320 GB HDD vs 250, 4 GB RAM vs 3, and 4 USB slots vs 2. The ASUS also offers a 1 year accidental warranty, but I'm not clumsy with my electronics :p

Like I said about the USB slots, I can get a USB hub if I need more than 2 slots at one time.

To me, those minor differences aren't worth $150.

According to msi warranty page, its ony 24mo. Infact nothing msi makes is a 3 year warranty, only 24mos tops.
MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

Manufacturer Warranty 3 Years Limited Warranty (include 1 year Global warranty)

MSI Notebook Official Website

They advertise 3 year warranties on several of their classic series laptops, the CR600 included.

If you think the reality is otherwise, perhaps you should contact the B.B.B. because of MSI's false advertising.

(Click the Specifications tab after following the link.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom