Thinkpads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

In Runtime
Well after two semesters at college, I think it's time for me to buy a laptop. My obvious decision was a thinkpad. I'm currently looking at the t42/t43 models because they fit my price range(sub $300). I'm wondering if they would be future proof(reliably performing well) for the next 4 semesters.

Jae, there is alot on the internet concerning both the T42 and T43. In fact, Lenovo has a BIOS upgrade for the T42 that dates to July 3, 2007. There are many articles on the design and specifications for both models. I know several people who love their 42s and 43s. They are well built.

The bottom line question for me is in these cases is: Will it do what I need it to do? If I can answer "yes" then I go with it.

If after researching on these models you find they can work for 4 semesters and do what you need them to do then I'd say it is $300 well spent.

Just my 2 cents worth.

ThinkPads are well built PC's. It depends on what you want to use it for. If you want to run games, then no, it won't cut it. However, if you're just browsing the Internet and typing notes and such in class, then it will be a great PC. Considering that any modern PC can fly through office programs with no lag, it would last as long as you want it to (take care of it so it doesn't break, but other than that, I doubt office software will evolve much more than it is now, so I doubt you'll have any compatibility issues with it).

In all truth if all you want is a computer that will connect to the internet and be a high tech type-writer than yes, it will work perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom