Thinking of buying a macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

nina01

Beta member
Hey

I am thinking of buying a macbook my sister brought one and it looks really nice with built in camera etc and has specifications like memory etc to mine current one though i need to buy a slightly more expensive one or replenished to get a drive that copies dvds etc useful to have. However i am really confused because it does not come with windows but i can still buy office for it which is fine however i am thinking about other stuff like i have ipod video convertor software for ipod touch currently and burner software(which my sister said comes with mac anyways so not a bigger issue) will it be easy to find softwarre for the mac or get the same software to work on mac if i download it again also i have a few pc games will they work on mac or only some because i noticed the sims 2 has a another version for mac so i am really confused will be great full for any help :( :(. Also how reliable are they most of my other apple products have been ok soo far to be honest.

Mac and PC software are not interchangeable, and Macs have about 0.0001% of the games available for PC. Most laptop PCs come with DVD-burners standard and are much cheaper for the specs and features.

I highly suggest you just go with a regular laptop, opt to have Windows XP instead of Vista, but even if you get Vista it's not that bad.

Macs are overpriced and really lack a lot of software that's available to PCs. Security is not much of an issue if you download any of the open-source firewalls available, a decent anti-virus and use Firefox as a browser (nothing you have to pay for). Macs have their fare share of security issues, especially since they are becoming more popular and their marketing becomes more obnoxious, the hacker community will gain more interest developing viruses for Macs.

Get the IBM thnkpad. It is small enough to fit into a envelope just like the Air but it works!! :p

The Macbooks are really nice, if you like it.. go for it, You can always put windows on it if you'd like.. You might be paying a little more, but you get excellent customer support and great build quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom