Which of these high-end laptops are the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I have changed my mind again about buying a laptop. On my last post, I stated that I would just buy a cheap laptop and a powerful desktop. Now, I changed my mind to just buy a laptop as a desktop replacement and a portable mobile computer. THe reason being that if I'm spending time on the computer at my dorms, I won't be using my laptop therefore money comes to waste because I'm only able to use one or the other. Plus, I already have a desktop on my dorm so no need to buy another one.

Here are the specs for the 3 laptops that I have in mind for purchasing:
Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS8920-6746 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T9300(2.50GHz) 18.4" Wide UXGA 4GB Memory DDR2 667 320GB HDD Blu-ray Disc / Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS - Laptops / Notebooks

Newegg.com - ASUS M50 Series M50Vm-B1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T9400(2.53GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA+ 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS - Laptops / Notebooks

Gateway - Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - P-7811FX

Just go to specs and yeah...

Can someone do a constructive compare and contrast. On the ACER laptop, can you connect it to a bigger screen (i have a monitor that can do 1920x1200) to watch HD movies and such? The ACER's native resolution is 1440x900.

For the 9600m gs 1gb of ram, i heard that some graphic cards aren't able to use up all its memory. Is this true for the case of this video card?

All three of those have an HDMI port - so you have to purchase that cable and connect it to an HD TV and you'll be able to watch HD movies / shows from your laptop onto a larger screen.

Just some of the things i've noticed:
-For the T9400 it is a 5400 RPM drive
-The T9300 has a faster processor and is the only one w/ a blue ray DVD and larger screen. For 300 more bucks i think it is well worth the purchase.

IMO go for the T9300.

Go for the gateway since it has a nice graphics card for a laptop, also the processor is pretty fast too, and it looks stylish, it also has DDR3 ram at a brilliant price.

I believe that someone over at overclock.net has that Gateway for sale for less then 900 bucks, which is really a steal.

well Dell computers cost more than Gateway for the same price. Do you guys know anything about Gateway's laptops? are they of quality?

Gateway and Acer laptops will be the same, last year Acer purchased Gateway, theres pros and cons to getting an Acer / Gateway and others. I ran the Firedog Pc repair bay for a CC, inc sotre in this area and after Acer purchased Gateway, we were no long allowed to work on customers Acer / Gateway laptops, it would void the entire warranty. Even though we did, it had to be documented that we did.

I now work for Lexmark, a former IBM company, so my first choice would be a Lenovo, Think Pad or perhaps an IdeaPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom