Is there any way to get more volume when playing DVDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VLC can be adjusted to 200% volume. We use it on my girlfriends laptop when we watch movies, because her speakers aren't that loud.

I just downloaded this player and I was able to play a DVD right off the bat. I turned up the volume as loud as it would go but I never did find any controls that would allow me to go to 200% :confused: . Anyway, it seemed real loud so I stopped the DVD and then used Windows Media Player at the highest volume that I was able to get. The VLC Player is noticeably louder :D !

I don't think that its 200% louder but it may be as much as 50% louder. I think that it may work for me and I'm going to try it on my next flight.

If you could tell me how you turned up the volume to 200% I'd really appreciate it! Thanks again for the suggestion on this download!

Danny

Right click on the volume bar, and click preferences, under miscellaneous. Under the audio settings, drag the slider all the way to 1024. It makes it freakin loud haha.

Right click on the volume bar, and click preferences, under miscellaneous. Under the audio settings, drag the slider all the way to 1024. It makes it freakin loud haha.

Yeah, I did that and it is loud through the speakers.

I had the chance to try this new VLC player on a flight today and boy does it work good :D . Its nice and loud and I didn't have to turn on the subtitles. Thanks a bunch to everyone who replied to my question and especially to you Schecters for recommending this player to me!

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom