Technical question (Intel i5)

carlitouus

Solid State Member
Hey guys, this might sound stupid but, which one is better?

3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor 2.5GHz processor speed.)

OR

Intel Core i5-2450M processor 3.10GHz

I'm trying to upgrade to a new asus laptop (K55A)and walmart sells one with 6GB and 750GB of hard drive for $100 more (the one with the 2450M 3.1GHz) and best buy offers the other one(Same series) with 4GB and 500GB of hard drive(the one with 3210M 2.5 GHz processor speed). I am trying to get BestBuy's with the 4GB as I have a 4GB card on hand. But any remarks on the processor? which is better and any major or noticeable difference?

Thanks guys!

Hey guys, this might sound stupid but, which one is better?

3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor 2.5GHz processor speed.)

OR

Intel Core i5-2450M processor 3.10GHz

I'm trying to upgrade to a new asus laptop (K55A)and walmart sells one with 6GB and 750GB of hard drive for $100 more (the one with the 2450M 3.1GHz) and best buy offers the other one(Same series) with 4GB and 500GB of hard drive(the one with 3210M 2.5 GHz processor speed). I am trying to get BestBuy's with the 4GB as I have a 4GB card on hand. But any remarks on the processor? which is better and any major or noticeable difference?

Thanks guys!

Considering you have the walmart version and the best buy version confused (backwards) you are much better off with the Best Buy version. add that 4gb stick and man so much better than the walmart. By far...

OOPS, sorry you didn't get them confused, I got confused because you listed the processors in a different order at the top. Anyways, definitely best buy version due to a number of things, the most of which is the graphics card.

*edit* btw, those processors are actually the same ghz. Walmart chose to play the numbers game, confusing their customers. Both CPUs run at 2.5 ghz with all 4 cores, and at max turbo, 3.1 ghz with 1 core.

Last edited:
Considering you have the walmart version and the best buy version confused (backwards) you are much better off with the Best Buy version. add that 4gb stick and man so much better than the walmart. By far...

OOPS, sorry you didn't get them confused, I got confused because you listed the processors in a different order at the top. Anyways, definitely best buy version due to a number of things, the most of which is the graphics card.

*edit* btw, those processors are actually the same ghz. Walmart chose to play the numbers game, confusing their customers. Both CPUs run at 2.5 ghz with all 4 cores, and at max turbo, 3.1 ghz with 1 core.

Thanks, bestbuy does have the 4gb nd the 3210M(2.5ghz) and walmart 2450 (3.1ghz). Bestbuy is still a better one right? And its 100 dollars cheaper too ($479).is 3210 newer than the 2450M ?

yes definitely far and away better. They both do not use GREAT graphics, as they integrated, however the best buy one uses the ATI 4000 series graphics while the Walmart one the 3000. This translates roughly to just over double the performance for anything gaming related. Walmart is terrible for their advertising on that one and you'd be getting ripped off.

As I said, they are actually both the same speed processor anyway!

AKA they both 2.5ghz.

heh i keep editing, sorry, yes to answer your question the 3210m is newer.

sorry once again, they don't use ATI lol they are INTEL graphics

Last edited:
Thanks, got the cheaper one, I got it to be 8GB of RAMso at the end, only difference is the harddrive, 750GB vs 500GB which I will never use anyway... I love the computer, i5 3rd really is impressive when comparing it to the last one I had.

Thanks guys!!

Back
Top Bottom