Tablet Pc's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradlays

Baseband Member
I am looking to purchase a new laptop and the Toshiba M200 are cheap in price compared to every other tablet pc that I have seen, they also seem to be cheaper then a lot of regular laptops

What are the up and downs of owning a tablet pc? How do they compare to normal laptops?

Also what are the best brands of laptops that are in the $500-$600 price range.

that model is an older model I believe, based on current industry trend anways. So it is affordable and not very powerful...but not sure what price you are quoting.

the only real down is the possibility of breaking the hinge. If you are a careful consumer that shouldn't be a problem.

some people might hate on me for saying this but I think Dell is a good brand for the price you are looking at, they have some good sales now.
:D

Tablets usually sacrifice performance to have the ability to have a touch screen and swivel. Unless you really NEED the extra tablet stuff, you would be better off with a standard laptop.

If you do get a tablet PC...just don't get one of the gateway ones. Our school got 'em for a grant, for a 1 to 1 program (each student gets a laptop to use)...and they are god-awful. This thing crashes/locks up on me more than any computer I've ever owned...and this isn't true for just me either, its true for the whole student body.

Tablet PC's are great if your on the move an have to use a computer quickly an can't wait for a laptop to boot up it's ideal. but a tablet isn't that great if you intend to use it as a total replacement for a desktop while away at collage.

if your willing to spend around 900 for a tablet hp then get it from here, cos i got a good coupon for it

$400 off $1199 Select HP Pavilion Notebooks code NB9400
# Eligible models include dv9700z, dv9700t, tx1000z or HDX
HP Pavilion tx1000z series AMD Dual Core 2.1GHz, 12.1" Touch-Screen WXGA
AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-62 (2.1 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache) [add $50] / Windows Vista Home Premium / 12.1" WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display(1280 x 800) with Integrated Touch-screen / FREE Upgrade to 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)!! [add $0] / FREE Upgrade to HP Imprint Finish + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam + Microphone!! [add $0] / FREE Upgrade to 160GB 5400RPM from 120GB 5400RPM!! [add $0] / SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support / HP USB Digital/Analog TV Tuner [add $100]
$1,199.99 - $400 off $1,199 or more coupon NB9400 = $799.99 + Free Shipping
Link: Buy HP Pavilion tx1000z series, HP Pavilion and Compaq Presario Notebook PCs and Laptop Computers direct from the HP Home & Home Office Store
Here is the thread i found that has other good deals for hp laptops.

$400 off $1199 HP Select Laptops: HP tx1000z Tablet 12.1" Touch-Screen WXGA Turion X2 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, DVDRW, WiFi, 4cell + 6cell, Vista Premium $804 - SlickDeals.net Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom