Switching Booting Partition While In Recovery Mode on Vista? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Switching Booting Partition While In Recovery Mode on Vista?

OK so I have never seen this question and I have been trying to fix it for about 10 hours which is ridiculous considering I can usually fix almost anything myself. I'll start of by saying this is for My Acer 6920G laptop and that Acers have a different recovery mode then other brands.

Here is what I did. I had a lot of unknown space on my hard drive that was being used and I could get it back without reformatting. Anyways I backed everything up that I needed as always and then went through Acer recovery mode and that was great. After 30 minutes the process was done and I installed AVG first and then proceeded online to do my windows updates as I usually would when I restart fresh. Now the problem started when it required me to restart once they were all done. I did that and there my problem was it booted me into Acer Recover not thinking I tried that and it of coarse wont work because it set my booting partition to C which is normal but C is now a 10Gb Recovery section and D is where my OS is. The Acer recovery will not work now and that is fine because I don't need to use it to solve my problem. So with that said I made a Vista boot disk and through the load driver function I can access as far as properties for the PQService( C: ), ACER( D: ), and Boot( X: ) so I haven't seen anything yet but does anyone know if there is a way to switch the boot partition. It will be awesome if someone can help me because Acer them self will not help me as they either want me to pay a ridiculous amount for their online service since I'm out of Warranty or Acer does not live up to their 24 hour or less email response as it is 2 days later and I have no replies. If you want to find an answer a forum like this seems to be the way to go.

Closed Thread