Sub 150$ netbooks comming in march

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
Coby prepping sub-$100 7- / 9-inch PoqetMate netbooks | Netbook Updates

"We'd argue that 7-inches is bordering on UMPC / MID territory, but given that Coby's PoqetMate-7 is expected to boast a full QWERTY keyboard and a chassis like that of most traditional laptops, we suppose it'll pass. Reportedly, the company is looking to enter the increasingly crowded netbook market next March with the aforementioned PoqetMate-7 and PoqetMate-9, with the youngin' checking in at just $99.95. So, what will a nickle under a Benjamin buy you? A miniaturized laptop with a Chinese-sourced Loongson processor, though specifications outside of that are still under wraps."

News Source: Engadget

If only these dirt cheap netbooks came out when i was still in highschool, would of made my life alot easier. I might still buy one of these just because they will be so cheap or the 200$ eee pc that's supposed to come out next spring.

That sucks man do you know how many of those $100 lappies they'd sell here? Millions of them over night! I guess the $200 eee pc will have to suffice when it comes out.

That sucks man do you know how many of those $100 lappies they'd sell here? Millions of them over night! I guess the $200 eee pc will have to suffice when it comes out.

That would be so crazy as well dude. Because multiple CPU's is better than multiple cores, i would buy like over 5 of them and set them up into a render farm....

Figures they would come out after I buy a netbook, although after using my 10" MSI wind for a few days I wouldn't want anything smaller.

I was having a chat with the boss about the netbooks today. I was depating about spending another $80 on getting an extened warranty for my Aspire One. However at the price that they are now (i only pay AU$510 after cash back) for mine, they will be coming down in price in 2009. Especially when Kevin Rudd's Computer for high school kids scheme kicks into gear mid 2009.

Figures they would come out after I buy a netbook, although after using my 10" MSI wind for a few days I wouldn't want anything smaller.

The 8.9" (1024 x 600) WSVGA Display on my Acer Aspire One is not too bad. Then again, i would not want to be using that for hours on end.

I was looking at the Aspire 1 originally but I was hesitant to go with the smaller screen and newegg had the Wind for $300 after mir on Black Friday so I couldn't pass that up.

The screen on the Wind is really nice, I actually like working on it better than the 14" Compaq it replaced.

I wouldn't buy anything by Coby. Last Christmas I bought two CD players and two MP3 players from Big Lots. All 4 crapped out within 2 weeks with minimal play.

I've tried Asus EEE PC when it first came out. Even with my small hands the keyboard was too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom