Stylus / Digitizer for my Sony Vaio 13!!

jacoop1

Solid State Member
Hi guys!

I own a Sony Vaio Duo 13 and lost my Sony digitizer. It had a tip that would enable you to write on the screen etc. Now I live in Europe and no where can I find that specific Vaio Digitizer.

What other styluses could I use, which would be compatible with Sony Vaio's screen with which I could also write (not just tap) on the screen? Help me find the exact models please!

Thanks!

Hi guys!

I own a Sony Vaio Duo 13 and lost my Sony digitizer. It had a tip that would enable you to write on the screen etc. Now I live in Europe and no where can I find that specific Vaio Digitizer.

What other styluses could I use, which would be compatible with Sony Vaio's screen with which I could also write (not just tap) on the screen? Help me find the exact models please!

Thanks!

Moved to Laptops & Notebooks.

Firstly, you have your terminology incorrect - you lost your stylus, not your digitizer. The digitizer is the glass screen that responds to touch - the stylus is the pen-device.

Now, as far as a stylus... it depends on how good of one you want. You'll want a capacitive stylus (one that responds through electric-contact rather than pressure). There's ones that are a rubberized-tip that are wider, there are also ones that have a "finer" tip that have a plastic-disc at the end to help it with defining the more precise tip. If you want a replacement like what came with your Sony exactly, you could try searching for one of those as well instead of a 3rd party solution.

Thanks mate. But the thing is that, since Sony VAIO uses a different kind of digitizer processor (I barely know terminology), not all the capacitive styluses are compatible with my screen. Which ones are compatible with sony screen? Nearly all out there (at least on Amazon) are for iPad / Samsung Galaxy rather than Vaio. Don't know which brand to look for in terms of compatibility.

None of them ship to Europe mate, it's all for the US shipping or else it's not possible.

None of them ship to Europe mate, it's all for the US shipping or else it's not possible.

Which is why I suggested you look at sites that can ship to you ;). I don't know any Italian-shipping sites since I'm in the US. That's also why I gave you a couple different links so that you could search for the replacement as well.

I don't know if Amazon ships to Italy (I'm assuming so), but you could also check there: Amazon.com: Sony VGPSTD2 VGP-STD2 - Stylus - 2 buttons - wireless - black - for VAIO Duo 13, VAIO Fit 13A SVF13N17PXS, VAIO Tap 11: Computers & Accessories

Thanks a lot mate!! Finally got to buy one which will ship it to Italy in 5-6 days! Cheers!

Thanks a lot mate!! Finally got to buy one which will ship it to Italy in 5-6 days! Cheers!

Glad you found one that will ship.

Curious: did you buy one from the used page that ships internationally? Because I forgot to mention there were ones for $40 on that section, rather than the $80 they wanted for the "New" one on the main section.

Back
Top Bottom