Strange Wireless issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

citronbull

Baseband Member
My in-laws just bought a new Lenovo ideapad Y650 and I set setup the wireless to connect to the router automatically. But, when I restart the computer it does not connect automatically. The strange part is when I log off and log back in, it connects wirelessly. How can there be a connection when I simply log off and log back in, but when I restart completely it does not connect? Thanks in advance.

Is this a Windows XP or Vista OS?

Windows XP:

What Are Preferred Networks?
In the Wireless Networks tab, you can build a set of so-called "Preferred" networks when automatic wireless configuration is active. This list represents a set of known Wi-Fi routers or access points you wish to automatically connect to in future. You can "Add" new networks to this list by specifying the network name (SSID) and appropriate security settings of each.
The order Preferred networks are listed here determines the order that Windows XP will automatically attempt when seeking to make a wireless / Internet connection. You can set this order to your preference, with the limitation that all infrastructure mode networks must appear ahead of all ad hoc mode networks in the Preferred list.

Source: Automatic Wireless Internet / Network Connections in Windows XP

I found the solution on Lenovo forums. All I did was uninstall a software called lenovocomm and that solved the problem. Thanks for the replies guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom