Stolen laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337infamous

In Runtime
A friend of mine is selling a stolen laptop at a REALLY good price. It is in like new condition, with great features and software, but i'm unsure of a new things. firstly, can the ip be traced if i connect to the internet from my house? Can this laptop be found through my connection and in turn get ME in trouble?

I personally wouldn't even consider buying it if I knew it was stolen... as it would get found... a lot of laptops have a version of lo-jack in them (mine does) for just this type of situation. but yes something like that can be done to help find it.

its ethically wrong buying a stolen laptop, that being said if you have no ethics go ahead and buy it, you can always claim you never knew it was stolen

It's not worth it, A) your using good aquierd by legal means, B) it's not ethical to use it, C) would YOU like some one stealing your things an selling them on? No I don't think you would would you, D) Say if you get caught using a stolen item you can get done for the local equivalent of "Handling stolen goods".

If I was you I would either say thanks but no thanks or turn your friend into the local authorities an be done with it, I would also consider checking my personal inventory an seeing if i have any items missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom