Sticky Laptop Keys - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Sticky Laptop Keys

Yesterday i spilled quite alot of coke on my laptop keyboard i have a Samsung R510 and would like to know if the keys pop off or if i have any other options as the keys are allmost to sticky to use PLEASE HELP !

Old 10-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Default Re: Sticky Laptop Keys

I don't believe the keys will pop off. You'll need to clean them carefully with GooGone or something similar. Might just be easier to buy a new keyboard and install it if you're handy enough. They're generally pretty easy to install but a quick ebay search shows them running about $50.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Sticky Laptop Keys

I spilled Kool Aid on my keyboard one time. Its honestly a pain in the *** to clean sticky keyboard keys so I suggest getting a new keyboard unless you know what your doing.

If you do chose to clean it move slow and be careful, some white pad pieces under the keys fell out while I tried to clean mine and even though I put them back it didnt work right.

The whole right side of the keyboard never did work again.
Closed Thread