Sony Vaio overheating problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie
Exclamation Sony Vaio overheating problem

Hi people, this is my first thread here, I hope I can get some help.

A friend of mine gave me a Sony Vaio laptop, the model is "vgn ar590fg" like this one

I had to get it repared because it had one of the hinges was broken, suposedly that was causing a video issue, because the screen would only show color lines...

I recovered the laptop after a year and obviously got my money back from those scammers, gave it to a good technician who told me that the video chip had gotten loose, so he reattached it again and the computer worked fine for about two weeks, the chip got detached again, he fixed it again, and after two weeks it got detached...

He told me that the laptop has an overheating problem and that the chip gets detached from the motherboard due to the overheating, he told me that I need a new motherboard, and to be honest I can't aford to get it because nobody sells it here in venezuela and I don't have dollars to buy it on Ebay...

Does anyone have another solution? Is there another way of fixing it so the laptop would at least last for some years? I really like the laptop and I can work in my designs perfectly with it, besids I can play my games there...

Thanks for the help !!!!!

Have a nice Day
DannyBrightman is offline   Reply With Quote

laptop, overheating, sony, vaio, video card help!