SOny Vaio Liquid Spill???

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrider894

Baseband Member
okay a very nice young lady i know managed to spill some tea on to her almost brand new Vaio that is no longer under warranty :(. now i am trying to take a swing at a diagnosis. It just won't turn on??? Here is a funny thing though is that when plugged in the the power light doesn't come on in the front that shows the laptop is plugged in.. Can sombody please give me some help??

liquid spills like you're describing usually can't be fixed, it could have shorted out a lot of stuff and if you're not even seeing the indicator lights come up then I think you're pretty much SOL.

SOL, if it won't turn on you've probably fried the motherboard, meaning that you'll have to spend just as much on a new motherboard as it would cost for a new laptop. And as jor said, there is no guarantee that is the issue. Could be CPU too.

Lesson learned, don't drink liquids near a laptop. Even under warranty companies won't replace parts that had liquid spilled on them.

Thanks guys. I cracked open the laptop and no evidence that the liquid made it to the inside. but i agree with you guys i could have just dried up good or something? idk?

It will dry up, but a manufacturer can tell if there is damage because of liquid. THis is a multi million dollar issue for companies. They have tons of techniques to see if a computer failed because of user damager or a defective in the product.

If it won't turn on it leads me to believe the motherboard is dead. You COULD try replacing the charging adapter to see if that is the issue. But that could be costly just to test.

If the computer was getting power it would turn on, but then turn off suddenly if say the hard drive was dead or some other component.

Exactly, if it's dead in the water it's not even receiving power at all so you're pretty much done for. It would be the motherboards and God knows what else you discover has went bad once that gets replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom